"Courage calls to courage everywhere".
Millicent Fawcett, National Union of Women's Suffrage Societies.
Millicent Fawcett believed in mobilising women from all backgrounds. She actively engaged working class women, appointed them as organisers and worked with trade unions. She was particularly focused on the rights of working women. She campaigned against child labour and child sexual abuse and was involved in the criminalisation of incest. She campaigned against the practice of excluding women from courtrooms when sexual offences were under consideration and fought to see the legal profession and civil service opened up to women and for equal access for women to divorce. She was a proud and committed feminist.
This tee celebrates fabulous feminists that have shaped our world by campaigning, organising and mobilising for women's rights. It features Fawcett's iconic quote in a contemporary serif and script charcoal font.
• $5 from the sale of this t-shirt will go towards our We Are Union Women campaign for pay equity, paid domestic violence leave and respect in the workplace.
• Tri-blend construction (50% polyester/25% cotton/25% rayon)
• 40 singles thread weight
• Ribbed crewneck with set-in sleeves
• Fitted cut
• Not made in Australia. Ethically produced in Nicaragua of US components, with 3rd party independent certification.
• Read our Social and Ethical Policy.