When Injustice Is Law Resistance is Duty Tee3327434 $39.95
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty”.
― Nelson Mandela
“An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
Australia's workplace laws are unjust. They given extreme powers to employers, remove workers' rights to strike, allow bosses to unilaterally lock-out or sack workers, and cut wages. The right to take industrial action and go on strike is a universally recognised human right -- but not in Australia.
This tee features the iconic slogan from Mandela, as well as the Eureka symbol, a symbol facing an ban by the Federal Liberal Government's Building Commission (ABCC). The ABCC's attempt to ban the Eureka flag is a serious attack on the right to Freedom of Association, and unions everywhere are opposing it.
Get the fitted tee version here.
• Proceeds from the sale of this t-shirt will go towards our campaigning and advocacy.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (heather colors contain polyester)
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
• Not made in Australia. Ethically produced in decent working conditions in Nicaragua of US components, with 3rd party independent certification.
• Read our Social and Ethical Policy.
My T Shirts from you turned up today. They look great
Still waiting to receive it.
Very happy with the quality and fit of the T-shirt. Would buy again from the Union Shop.